ATMs are very popular machines for our bank customers. It is a machine that can be used for financial activity. Before there were ATMs, consumers had to think for a long time to make sure they had enough cash for buying things. Now that are ATMs, it is very easy to withdraw cash but it is also easy to spend money.
WHAT IS ATM CARD?
Before going further, let’s shed a light on what ATM is. ATM card lets you access your savings account from the ATMs (Automated Teller Machine) and also let you perform a host of non-financial functions by entering your PIN.
The amount that you can withdraw from ATM booths depends on the card type and what you have in your bank account.
ADVANTAGES OF USING ATMS
ATMs have many advantages. 1) you can withdraw money whenever you want. 2) a ATM card is protected by a PIN, that keeps money safe. 3). ATMs are faster than going to the bank—no long lines. 4). You can withdraw cash at any time, day or night. 5. You don’t have to carry cash all the time. 6. You can use it to pay at many shops. 7. If your card is stolen, the thief cannot get your money without your PIN.
DISADVANTAGES OF ATMS
1) you will want to spend and spend,
2) sometimes the ATM can break down or run out of cash.
3) Risk of robbery when you leave the ATM.
4) If you forget your PIN number you cannot use the card.
5) Fees charged to use ATMs of other banks can become expensive.
6) You cannot get ‘new notes’ of takas for Eid purposes from ATMS.
TYPES OF ATMS
There are two basic types of ATM cards; 1. Credit Cards and 2. Debit Cards
A credit card is a payment card given to users as a method of payment. It allows the cardholder to pay for goods and services based on the holder’s promise to pay for them.
And a debit card is a plastic card that provides cardholders electronic access to their bank account(s) The card, when accepted, can be used instead of cash when making purchases.
ATM FRAUD IN BANGLADESH USING FAKE CARDS:
Today using fake cards is one of the most common ATM problems in Bangladesh. People use fake ATM cards and withdraw money from ATM booth.
ATM USER IN BANGLADESH:
The ATM user of Bangladesh is very low compared to other countries. But the user of ATM in Bangladesh is increasing day by day. Almost all the banks offer to their customers ATM service. The students and the people who live in a village also enjoying this service though some scams scared customers but everyone enjoy this service happily.
Finally I can say that from its beginning nearly 50 years ago, the ATM has become widespread. Having an ATM card means you can get cash from any places like Dhaka, Chittagong, Barisal, Sylhet even Saint-Martin. Therefore, ATM cards have become very popular for our country people. ■
- UoL degrees with London School of Economics’ academic direction, now at Universal College Bangladesh! - October 28, 2022
- ক্ষুদ্র ও মাঝারি অনলাইন উদ্যোক্তাদের ব্যবসা বিকাশে ভূমিকা রাখবে ওএনডিসি - October 23, 2022
- বাণিজ্য মন্ত্রণালয়ে চতুর্থ শিল্পবিপ্লবের চ্যালেঞ্জ মোকাবিলায় কর্মপরিকল্পনা প্রণয়ন বিষয়ক কর্মশালা - October 12, 2022