As people are getting accustomed to the new normal, some of the office spaces, super shops, shopping malls are reopening. As many of them have to move for their daily activities, to prevent the spread of the virus, safety is the first priority. The government has extended limited transportation till 31st August. So those who are commuting for office or any emergency, ridesharing is the safest option for the commuters.
After a long pause, ridesharing companies have started its service to provide convenient, safe and affordable rides. Uber launched several COVID-19 specific features and policies so that everyone can be protected every time they use Uber.
Everyone can see a number of new additions in the app, such as:
- Go Online Checklists: Before a driver can go online, they’ll be asked to confirm, via a new Go Online Checklist, that they’ve taken certain safety measures and are wearing a face mask. A similar checklist has been built for riders. Before every trip, they must confirm that they’ve taken precautions such as wearing a face mask and washed or sanitized their hands.
- Mask Verification: Before drivers are able to start accepting trips, they will be asked to take a selfie with a mask on. Uber’s new technology will verify the driver is wearing a mask.
- Accountability for all: A new option for feedback including if a rider or driver is not wearing a mask or face cover.
- Updated cancellation policy: Anyone can cancel trips if they don’t feel safe, including if a user is not wearing a mask or face cover.
- New seat limits: To allow for space between the driver and rider during an Uber ride, riders have to sit in the rear seat. Only two riders will be allowed in a car other than the driver partner.
Moreover, all Uber cars are highly sanitized and the drivers are equipped with necessary health and safety supplies such as masks, soaps, tissues and sanitizers. So to stay safe, travel with Uber and move ahead with the new normal.
- “The Wolf of Wall Street: A Cautionary Tale of Excess and Greed” - March 3, 2023
- Hola gives the people of Bangladesh free access to a world of online content with the launch of its Hola Browser - January 27, 2023
- Don’t stop cultivating cash crops but increase production in unutilized lands: PM - January 13, 2023