The program gives recognition to microentrepreneurs supporting economic fortunes of the country.
As part of Citi’s ongoing commitment to the field of microfinance, Citi Bangladesh, with the support of the Citi Foundation, today launched the 15th Citi Microentrepreneurship Awards (CMA) program. The launching ceremony was attended by the high-level Advisory Council and Screening committee chaired by Ms. Rokia A. Rahman, Managing Director Arlinks Ltd. and Former Adviser to the Caretaker Government.
This year, the CMA program is being jointly organized by Shakti Foundation AND Citibank, N.A., Bangladesh along with the strategic partnership of Credit and Development Forum (CDF).
Since 2005, CMA seeks to highlight the achievements of the most innovative microentrepreneurs in Bangladesh. The goal is to raise awareness of microfinance, particularly among microentrepreneurs who could benefit from it; to recognize and celebrate the contributions that microentrepreneurs bring to the world economy; and to highlight best practices in microentrepreneurship.
These awards given for more than a decade have created great enthusiasm in the communities all over Bangladesh among microentrepreneurs and those aspiring to be entrepreneurs. The awards are also a testament that the country’s micro finance sector has flourished enabling micro credit borrowers through sustainable businesses to become micro entrepreneurs creating in their communities.
It is expected that the awards will be given next year after a thorough screening and vetting process. The awards include 6 categories, listed below:
- ‘Best Microentrepreneur of the Year’ Category: Award money is BDT 450,000/-
- ‘Best Women Microentrepreneur of the Year’ Category: Award money is BDT 350,000/-
- ‘Best Youth Microentrepreneur of the Year’ Category: Award money is BDT 350,000/-
- ‘Best Microentrepreneur of the Year in Agriculture’ Category: Award money is BDT 350,000/-
- ‘Microfinance Institution of the Year’: Trophy & Certificate
- ‘Innovative Microfinance Institution of the Year’: Trophy & Certificate
In addition, the first runner – up for the Best Microentrepreneur, Best Women Microentrepreneur, Best Microentrepreneur in Agriculture and Best Youth Microentrepreneur of the year, will receive BDT 150,000 while the second runner – up will receive BDT 100,000 as prize money. All winners will also be given a crest and certificate.
- NGGB Trust pays courtesy call to Shimanta Bank MD - September 12, 2022
- ‘স্টেট অফ গেমিং অ্যান্ড মেটাভার্স ইন্ডাস্ট্রি অন বাংলাদেশ’ শীর্ষক সিরিজ সেমিনার অনুষ্ঠিত - September 5, 2022
- আর্থিক অন্তর্ভুক্তির জন্য ব্যাংকগুলিকে API ভিত্তিক ওপেন ব্যাঙ্কিং চালু করার আহ্বান। - August 26, 2022